Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Busy, busy, busy - when does it slow down?

What an on the go week we had. I ran to Brandi's Tuesday night after two days of working 10 hours each day trying to get things ready for a very busy weekend at the Fort. I stayed the night and watched the kids until they came home around noon (surgery was canceled). Since Brandi didn't need me I went back to work on Thursday (we had some 200 people coming in for a Cavlary competition and another horse group) and put in another 10 hours; on Friday it was 14 hours at work and trying to get ready for Emma's birthday party. Sat. morning I went to work at 5:30 a.m., watched the office until 8 then cleaned up after a party of 135 at the Buff Barracks, and set it back up for another 135 that night; ran to Chadron picked up the cake and presents, back to Greg's new house and had a birthday party, then back to work to help with the Cavlary Banquet. Sunday we were up early and out the door to finish moving Greg to his new house in the country. I then ran little miss Emma the 2 1/2 hours to Cody and then back where I promptly fell on the couch in sheer exhaustion. Somehwere in this time I need to fertilize my yard, pick all the final garden stuff and can it, make 16 stuffed pumpkins (gifts for friends and family), wash clothes, and sheets and work............AAGH! Oh yeah I forgot that I have 400+ photos to get ready for a showing from a wedding I did earlier this month plus I really, really want to do a fun thing and go to Becky's for a lesson on scrappin'. I need a vacation!! How does everyone else do it?

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Other people don't do it, they just lie and make you think they are! =) Anyhow, thanks for coming down to help with my kiddos! You are the only one I trust to take care of them the way that Mama does! Sorry you will have to do it again, but at least it will be at a less busier time!

Debbie said...

I don't mind, it gives me a chance for some one on one with the boys, just sorry that it is at your expense. And yes, things should be a little easier at work now, two big groups to come in but not a lot of work associated with them.

The Clamors said...

I DON'T DO IT! Tires me out just thinking of doing all that! Don't let your self get to worn down. Talk to ya 2morrow.

Shay said...

Would you be willing to share your stuffed pumkins you are gifting to your friends? I'd love to see what they are...

Debbie said...

You bet Shay, I was hoping to get some pix tonight but didn't get to work on them,maybe tomorrow.

Followers

Search This Blog