Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Buffalo Round up at Fort Rob!

Yesterday and today we worked buffalo at Fort Rob. This is NOT an easy job and takes a pretty big crew to get the job done. Once the buffalo are brought in they are then ran down a series of chutes to separate the cows from the calves. Unlike cattle, buffalo are pretty hot tempered (not to mention) BIG! However every measure is taken to get the job done with the least amount of stress to the animal and the crew. It really is a site to see. 
One of the old cows

My Boss


Eye see you!

Boots!

My Hubby

My co-worker and another Superintendent Dave H.


Coming down the lane after chasing buffalo.


6 comments:

Misty said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! I have never been to the round-up -call me next year! The boys would get a kick out of watching it all happen!

Debbie said...

Monday before deer season!

Robin Beck said...

Wow, you got some amazing shots there! You should make some into cards!

Robin~♥

Deborah Ann said...

OH MI GOSH!!! I LOVE buffalos! They're my very favorite animal. Wish I could help out on the ranch. I don't know if God will allow me to have a buffalo ranch of my own someday, or if I have to wait until I get to heaven - but one way or another...

I WILL HAVE BUFFALOS!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

How amazing that must be! Your photos are spectaular.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. The floors are real hardwood, not laminate. They are oak. They have been left in their natural color (not stained) and then coated with clear protectant. I love the natural look of them.

Stop back by soon! Every day something is changing in the house as we remodel.
Penny

Unknown said...

YEE HOW' KIDDY UP! great pics.!!!!!

If you decide you want any customized bow holders made for your G daugthers you can email me at jenglamgirl@gmail.com w/ a description and what letters. Just FYI ;) have a great weekend.

Followers

Search This Blog