Monday, February 22, 2010

Girl's In My Circle



When I was little,
I used to believe in the concept of one best friend,
And then I started to become a woman.
And then I found out that if you allow your heart to open up,
God would show you the best in many friends.

One friend is needed when you're going through things with your man.
Another friend is needed when you're going through things with your mom.

Another will sit beside you in the bleachers as you delight in your
children and their activities.
Another when you want to shop, share, heal, hurt, joke, or just be.
One friend will say, 'Let's cry together,'
Another , 'Let's fight together,'
Another , 'Let's walk away together.'

One friend will meet your spiritual need,
Another your shoe fetish,
Another your love for movies,
Another will be with you in your season of confusion,
Another will be your clarifier,
Another the wind beneath your wings.

But whatever their assignment in your life,
On whatever the occasion,
On whatever the day,
Or wherever you need them to meet you with their gym shoes on and hair
pulled back,
Or to hold you back from making a complete fool of yourself ..
Those are your best friends.

It may all be wrapped up in one woman, But for many, it's wrapped up in
several..
One from 7th grade,
One from high school,
Several from the college years,
A couple from old jobs,
On some days your mother,
On some days your neighbor,
On others, your sisters,
And on some days, your daughters.

How many girls are in your circle? I have so many wonderful people in my circle - and there are some I just don't have pictures of but these are some really special people in my life.



My Ya Ya's!

My mom, who passed away in 1983 but is by my side to this day!




Connie and Twila


My beautiful daughter in law and her precious mom!



My friend Becky W, my beautiful daughter Brandi, and my friend Lisa R.




My aunt Ginny!







Becky!





The Uma's!


I am such a lucky woman to have so many wonderful girl's in my circle. They all have a special place in my heart. God has really blessed me.

5 comments:

beckyw said...

D~ Thank YOU for being my friend! You are like my sounding board, my creative co-hort, my friend who shares my love of gardening, photography, and my Brandi's Ma....so special to me! I am blessed! I love all you pics.... you are soooooo gifted!

Lisa said...

Awesome post Deb! Thank you for your friendship. I love my friends so a much and am so grateful for them all! I'm really missing you all and can't wait to be part of the group again.

Lisa said...

P.S. I think that you are a neat lady!

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

We're honored to have you as part of OUR circle, too Deb. Thanks for being such a great friend to all of us.

Hope things are going well for your family... been thinking about all of those involved. Hugs!

Robin Beck said...

Great post! I too have many BEST friends-couldn't imagine it any other way!

Robin~♥

Followers

Search This Blog