Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It runs in the family!

Here we are three generations of dirt digging, seed growing; flower planting, garden loving Kennedy's.


Not sure if I had much influence on any of my kids or not but Damion did catch the love of landscaping that I grew up with. My mom had the greenest of green thumbs and could make anything grow. I grew up digging in the garden, planting and watching things grow and now that torch passes on to my son Damion and his son Lucas.


Lucas watches me carefully as I divide some lillies I dug in my garden and took to Sheridan to plant in Damion's flower beds. He would have grabbed it and put it in his mouth in a heartbeat so grannie had to be careful.



This is Damion and his son Lucas. I love their matching hats. Lucas is already by his dad's side helping with the landscape business. And no, I'm not kidding he rides in the truck with Damion and visits some of Damion's lawns that he works on or just goes to Home Depot to shop.




Lucas' cousins Jaxon and Cash thought about joining in. Jaxon loves to plant and helps me in the yard almost every week. Right now we have peas growing and he is going to make me pea soup when we have some produce. Cash doesn't care so much yet for the grass, it tickles him and he isn't so sure he even likes to touch it yet. But he will........soon he will be digging in my flower beds or maybe picking my flowers. Doesn't matter to me as long as I get to spend time with the grannies in the garden.


Up close to the two newest gardners in the family. Lucas above and Cash below.



1 comment:

beckyw said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, so precious your lil' boys are! I love that you guys planted irises together!

Followers

Search This Blog